Monday, July 25, 2005

 

My Own Private Writers’ Conference

This weekend I participated in the Northwestern Summer Writers’ Conference. It was the first time for both me and Northwestern University. Never having been to one before, I thought that it was very helpful. One highlight of the event was reading from Chapter One of our new book. We got a response to the book…people were very intrigued by the concept (which we aren’t going to reveal yet!) and thought that it was humorous (luckily, it is supposed to be). The other highlight was meeting the other writers. It was a really supportive environment.

On a more personal note, for me, it was the first time in five years where I wasn’t defined by relationship to another person (i.e. Barry’s wife, Zach and Piper’s mom). It was so nice just to be Kelly Streit, author.

-Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +