Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

My First Time

Last night was my first experience at attending a book club. This particular club is limited to twelve members, so I was only able to get in after someone else dropped out.

I wasn’t sure what to expect by way of discussion on the book, but actually there was very little. None of us liked it very much, and I joked that I thought it was some sort of hazing ritual for the new girl. Due to the risk of sending out bad karma for our own book, I’m not going to name the novel we read.

It was a fun time: we had some wine and popcorn salted with a special garlic and Cajun salt that my friend makes and sells. And we talked about all sorts of subjects, from our kids to where we were on September 11th.

Our book for next time is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. I remember reading a great review in the New York Times, and I’m excited to get started on it.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +