Monday, September 05, 2005

 

Wedding at Pollywogg Holler

My younger brother just got married at an eco-resort in upstate New York called Pollywogg Holler (website is http://www.pollywoggholler.com/ ). It got its name from all of the man-made ponds and wetland areas that have been stocked with thousands of frogs. The frogs are supposed to keep the mosquitoes at bay, and they really do their job. Believe me, if there is a mosquito around in a five mile radius it will find me. But I walked away with nary an itchy red bump.

The wedding itself was so beautiful and laid back, a perfect reflection of my brother and his new wife. My daughter was the flower girl, and there were not any silly demands for what she should wear or do, etc.

A funny moment in the ceremony came when my son, the ring bearer, dropped the ring. It bounced underneath the outside stage they were standing on. Another ring was used as a stand in, and one of the 14 year old cousins managed to squirm underneath and save the day.

My husband, kids and I slept in the geodesic dome at the Resort. It was called the Phantasy Dome and came complete with a round bed hanging from the ceiling.

All in all it was the best wedding I’ve ever been to.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +