Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. To celebrate reaching the ripe old age of 34, I got a babysitter and had a day in the city with my friend Carolyn. We started out by going to a decidedly non-child-friendly Italian place on Randolph Street. If the location wasn't enough to tip us off, the wall lined with thousands of empty wine bottles precariously stacked onto one another certainly was. I could only imagine darling Zach or Piper deciding to remove one from the bottom and having them come crashing down onto the sheet metal tables and chairs.

The food was delicious and I enjoyed every bite of the center of the bread and left the crust on my plate. Since I didn’t have to share my lunch with anyone I ordered the goat cheese rigatoni and sprinkled it with extra red pepper – yum!

After lunch, Carolyn I popped into some non-kid friendly stores: Judith Ripka, Gucci, and Tod’s. At Tod’s I splurged and bought myself a pair of beautiful orange leather Degas Ballerina shoes. I felt a little guilty at being so extravagant, but I’ve resolved to wear them every non-rainy day from now until it begins snowing for the rest of my life.

For dinner, hubby and the kids took me to a Benihana-esque restaurant that the kids love and then back at home had friends Carolyn and Jenny over for some extremely yummy carrot cake (my favorite!)

Whew—I’m glad that’s done until next year!

Kelly

Comments:
Interesting blog tip--some
people actually troll these for advertising--we had two ads placed here, which are the deleted posts you can see...Sorry, guys. We're not proving ad space! :)
 
Aha! Just discovered new word verification feature to prevent spam comments. A problem no more...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +