Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

The Raw and the Cooked

Can anyone please tell me why my microwave egg poacher cooks one egg until it is hard and dry, while the other side stays raw and runny? Every single *@#$%$*! time?

I’ve tried, really I have. I’ve purchased different styles of poachers. I’ve spent long minutes centering the eggs so that they are both precisely equidistant from the center of the microwave, and I’ve varied the cooking time and post-cooking cooldown in a dazzling array of permutations. No matter what, I end up with one yellow dust ball inside white rubber and one salmonella special. Is it just me?

I realize this doesn’t loom large in the grand scheme of things, but it would make a nice breakfast someday if someone knows the answer. Just don’t tell me to dust off my old-fashioned egg poaching pan and boil some water.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +