Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

Gobble-tini

This is the last Thanksgiving post, I promise. But I forgot to mention that we had the most delicious cocktail…even though it was a touch disturbing to realize that we dusted an entire bottle of vodka during the proceedings. I originally selected this one for its dorky name. But, damn, it was tasty.

6 parts Smirnoff Cranberry Twist
1 part Chambord
2 parts cranberry juice

Shake with ice. Strain. Garnish with three cranberries on a pick.
Don’t have too many or your stuffing will burn.

I also wanted to serve the yummy-sounding Pumpkin Pie Cocktail, but couldn’t find pumpkin schnapps anywhere. Even Sur La Table didn’t have any kind of pumpkin flavoring, so I tried substituting brandy and melted pumpkin pie ice cream. Ultimately it just couldn’t measure up. So now I have full bottles of Absolut Vanil and brandy laying around. Hmmm…

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +