Monday, November 21, 2005

 

Reeling in the Years

Despite the fact that it is now in the 20’s here in Chicagoland, we are continuing our weekly ice cream jaunts. And by the way, all of you fair-weather ice cream eaters are missing out on some yummy flavors like Egg Nog and my favorite, Pumpkin.

So yesterday, my husband, as he is wont to do, starts chatting with the two young people behind the counter, and he asks them how old they are. “Sixteen?” he says, “I was sixteen in 1976!” Ha, I laugh smugly to myself, secure in the knowledge that I am much younger than he is, these kids weren’t even born when he was sixteen. Then I start doing math in my head…cross out the zero, bring over the one...Holy Sh**!! They were born the same year I was graduating high school. I’m old enough to be their…Mother!!! Well, at least I’m still younger than my husband.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +