Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

Good-bye Jenny Kim

It all started in the first grade when my best friend in the whole world, Cathy Somethingorother moved to another town. Since then it seems like it has been the hallmark of my life. After Cathy was Julie Fallorini, then Christina Whatshername. Then of course, all the high school friends I left behind when I went to college. Okay, that wasn’t such a bad thing. Since college, I’ve lived in six different cities, and so I’ve continued moving away from friends, including Melanie. Today the cycle continues as Jenny, the first friend I made here, moves to another suburb. I’ll never forget the day she showed up on my doorstep bearing Frango Mints (a delicacy here in Chicagoland) to welcome me to the neighborhood, the same day we discovered that her two kids that were the same ages as mine. She isn’t moving far, but she has also gone back to work, so it’s hard to get our schedules synced to do things together. That’s another kind of moving on that many SAHM’s will experience as our kids get older. The good news is that my friendship with Jenny has moved beyond our children and is now about us.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +