Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Party Like It's 1917


Given that my love of parades is matched only by my excitement about the White Sox winning the World Series, let’s just say I was less than enthused about going downtown today. But my husband’s office was having a special trick or treat thing for the kids so I schlepped everybody into Chicago right in the middle of the White Sox victory parade. As it turned out, I am really glad that we didn’t miss it. The parade was an actual ticker tape parade, which I hadn’t realized actually existed outside of WW II homecoming footage. The last time the Sox won was in 1917 and who knows when it’ll happen again. There were so many people that the entire sidewalk was filled for as far as I could see. People were even squashed up against the doors so we couldn’t exit at the end of the kids’ party. Instead we stayed and watched the parade from the comfort of an 18th floor corner office. Go Sox!

--Kelly


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +