Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

The Best Rock Show EVER!

I went to see My Morning Jacket at The Vic in Chicago last night, and I was blown away. They began on a dark stage with the Reggae-esque bass of “Wordless Chorus”, the first song from their new CD. As the second song, “It Beats 4 U” started, purple orbs of light began pulsating over the band and seemed to caress the audience, drawing us in as the song built with its almost tribal beats.

Tribal is the way the music made me feel--like I should be dancing around a huge fire trying to curry favor with the gods. MMJ gave off such amazing energy that I was alternately sitting on my hands, leaning forward to soak in every line from Jim James’ mouth and leaping to my feet, arms in the air, cheering along with the crowd at their extended jams.

At twenty dollars a ticket, the show was a complete bargain, even when you factor in the cost of babysitting, which cost over four times the amount of the ticket.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +