Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Brain Dump

I had quite the literary day yesterday. Jennifer Weiner in the morning and my book club at night. Our latest selection was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon. It was a good book, but I wish the club would choose something a bit more controversial that would facilitate a good discussion about life, or politics, or religion, or sex. By the way, why is it that the most fascinating subjects are the ones we aren’t supposed to talk about? No wonder people watch TV, because then you can talk about those things in the context of what other people are doing. Anyway, our next selection will have some sex in it, I suppose: it is Memoirs of a Geisha: A Novel, by Arthur Golden. I saw the trailer for the upcoming movie when I went to see In Her Shoes, and it looked really good, but I am really a sucker for trailers. The people who create those are true artists (unfortunately sometimes con-artists!) But, seriously, I saw a documentary about producing trailers, and it is like making a mini movie. Well, that was quite a tangent. I better get over to Amazon and order Memoirs before all the good quality used copies are gone!

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +