Monday, October 24, 2005

 

I’ll See Your Agent and Raise You a Galley Copy

I had such high hopes for today: Jennifer Weiner did a reading at a book store near me, and I was hoping to get some face time with her. My best case scenario had Jennifer saying “Oh, I’ve seen your website! It’s great, you deserve a great book deal.” And the good news is that it actually happened…to the woman in front of me. There I was holding two of Jennifer’s books (thinking maybe having two would get me an extra couple of seconds in front of her), and clutching my business card in my sweaty palm, waiting for my turn. I was practicing my opening, (“Hi Jennifer, I’m a writer too, my agent is sending my manuscript to Greer this week”) when the woman in front of me pulls out a galley copy of her book, saying that Jennifer inspired her to write it, and so on. Then Jennifer looks at the name, and says, “Oh you’re Jennsylvania! I read your blog.” Sigh. Anyway, Jennifer was really nice and took my card, asked what the book was about, said it sounded great, etc. I can only hope that the next time we meet, maybe she'll have heard of me, too.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +