Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Farewell Tour, Kiwi Style

My mom and dad were just in town for the weekend, on their “farewell” tour. No, they’re not in a rock band. They’re just…uh…emigrating to New Zealand. They visited a couple of years ago, and loved it. That was it. Now they’re selling the cars and divesting of most of their possessions in preparation to move halfway around the world.

Aren’t we kids the ones who are supposed to be doing the crazy madcap things?

Okay, actually, they’ve been very methodical about the whole thing. They have jobs, they’ve figured out where to buy ketchup (originally there was a rumor none was to be had in NZ), the cat is ready for her pre-trip flea dip and quarantine. No detail has been left unattended. Did I mention my mom is an UberPlannerTM ?

They left here on the train to finish the farewell tour of Southern California last night. So long, folks. See you in Auckland!

--Melanie

Comments:
Holy cow! I love that. Good for them. I can't imagine picking up and moving around the world--not that I wouldn't love the adventure. It's just leaving all my family and friends behind would be so hard I'm not sure I would do it. I hope they have a safe and happy life.
 
Can I come?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +