Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Thirsty Thursday

Pull up a chair and pop open a Pacifico. It's time for Thirsty Thursday. Join us if you want, invite a friend, and/or come back next week when we'll have a new Special.

This week’s theme: the care and feeding of wild animals…

Name your favorite baby/toddler food that you love(d) sneaking bites of.

Kelly: Banana Flavored Baby Cereal. I’m really embarrassed to admit this, but even pre-kids I would buy it. It’s the best hangover food this side of McDonald’s.

Melanie: Baby food? Sneaking bites? Ewww. Maybe I buy the wrong kind of baby food, but those green beans and potatoes just never looked all that appealing. My kids still like them, though. Maybe I’m the one who is missing out.

What’s the longest your child(ren) have gone between baths (be honest!)?
Kelly: OK, the theme has morphed into Embarrass Kelly. 1 week. It’s Chicago in winter for goodness sake. How dirty can they get when they’re bundled from head to toe!

Melanie: My husband is the bath enforcer around here. The longest they’ve gone between baths has been maybe two days, but I can’t take any credit for that.

What are your favorite parenting books/resources?

Kelly:
When the kids were younger I slavishly followed Dr. Sears. Now, I just go w/ my gut.

Melanie: Me too. I read Dr. Sears so much that the cover fell off. The most unique book that I learned parenting tips from wasn’t even a parenting book. It was called Don’t Shoot the Dog and its angle is using positive reinforcement to change behavior in anyone from animals to people. I learned a lot (such as you have to give praise right away, not hours later, which was something that hadn’t occurred to me before). Some of the techniques are too manipulative to use on humans in my opinion (or are they?--bwa ha ha!) but there’s some good stuff mixed in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +