Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Future Vegetarians of America

This goes to show how different your kids can be from you. My middle daughter is showing signs of incipient vegetarianism. Typical conversation:

She: (Looking at hot dog at Costco cafe) What kind of animal does this come from?

Me: Ermm…a cow, I think.

She: What happens if the cow runs away?

Me: I guess they, uh, go for another one.

She: Why do we kill animals?

Me: Oooh, look, is that Mickey Mouse over there?!!

So far, she hasn’t shown any signs of actually refusing to eat meat, but I have the funny feeling that could be next. Aside from being dragged along in a brief family fling with vegetarianism in the 70’s, I am an unrepentant meat eater. My husband too. I have no idea where this is coming from, but at least I know how to make “lentil loaf” (thanks to my ex-veggie mom) should the cause arise.

--Melanie

Comments:
Hot dogs shouldn't count as real meat anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +