Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

Hallo-what?


I love to browse the stacks and stacks of catalogs that arrive at my house, indulging in fantasies of what my life could be like, if only… Now here is the kind of product that makes me feel like a split personality. It’s a Halloween Dollhouse Decorating Kit from Hearthsong, complete with miniature trees, luminarias, Halloween buckets and the world’s smallest autumn leaves.

On the one hand, I think, “Awww…how cute,” and I imagine my perfectly decorated house complete with Halloween dollhouse. The other part of me thinks, “That is completely insane—I don’t have time to decorate my real house, let alone a doll house.” Maybe they’re intended for empty-nesters?

--Melanie

P.S. While I’m on the topic, I might as well confess: I am a Christmas Village person. I have the Dept. 56 Dickens Village. The fake snow? Yes. The miniature people, the yule log, the pretend pine trees? Yes, Yes, Yesssssss! I say it’s for the kids, but that’s just my cover story. Maybe I really should reconsider the dollhouse thing…

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +