Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

Thirsty Thursday

Pull up a chair and pop open a Pacifico. It's time for Thirsty Thursday. Join us if you want, invite a friend, and/or come back next week when we'll have a new Special. Today’s theme…Mother’s Day.

What are you doing for Mother’s Day?

Kelly: I’m not sure yet. I already got my present. A really cute Kelly Green Kelly Bag for me, Kelly! By the way, as a plug for Jenny – she picked it out!

Melanie: I started to say nothing, because we haven’t made any plans as a family. But then I remembered that I do have some plans: I am going to the movies with some girlfriends in the afternoon. As for the family celebration, we’ll see…

What was your favorite Mother’s Day celebration ever?

Kelly:
One year Barry gave me a mini “What Not to Wear” makeover. We had just moved to Chicago from San Francisco and I had no warm weather clothes (you generally don’t need them in SF). So I got a gift certificate to Nordstrom and one to Bloomingdales. Then he gave me time to go shopping! It really was the gift that kept on giving.

Melanie: Any of the ones that were NOT the one where my breakfast in bed spilled everywhere and I ended up with eggs and orange-juice soaked bacon on my sheets.

What did you do on your very first Mother’s Day?

Kelly: I got an engraved silver plate and we went to this great Italian restaurant called Prego with my brother (it was when we were all living in San Francisco) Going to Prego became a mother’s day tradition and I still miss it!

Melanie: Geez, I feel like a fool, but I have no recollection. It must have been very near my daughter’s birth, which is in mid May. But I can’t even remember if it was before or after. After reading Kelly’s answers, I think I need to get a life and start enjoying these little celebrations a bit more. Kelly bag and champagne brunch, here I come!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +