Friday, May 05, 2006

 

Breaking Down or Cracking Up

After making fun of the made-to-freeze dinner phenomenon in a previous post, I’m actually breaking down and trying one of these places. The only thing I’m having trouble with is choosing which six dinner items to make. The fact is that the menu choices don’t sound very appetizing. Full Disclosure: I am a food snob. I’ve tried not to be, but I am finally just accepting it.

Some of my options included: Grilled Thai Pork Chop in a sauce made with hoisin (Chinese) and rice vinegar (Japanese). Hang on a minute, where’s the Thai? Think I’ll skip that one. Pepperoni Pasta that “kids of all ages line up” for. As Melanie said, pepperoni and pasta are two words that just shouldn’t go together. Next! Creamy Beef Stroganoff. It was developed with chefs at Kraft, so you know that screams quality. I was running out of options so I decided to try that. I also went with the Spanish Paella, (which sounded the best of all the options), Chicken Pot Pie, Tortilla Casserole (apparently my family will say “ole”), and Sweet and Sour Meatballs “kids, teens, and tweens, let alone Dad will gobble up this meal.”

I decided against the lone dessert offering, Black Forest Cobbler, an “easy and unique treat…you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it.” It mixes sweetened pie cherries with brownie batter and the whole thing is topped with Oreo crumbs.

I’m going with two friends next week. I guess I’ll find out if Dinners by Design can force me to eat my words or even their Hawaiian Cordon Bleu.

--Kelly

All quotes are paraphrased from Dinner by Design menu descriptions.

Comments:
Um, yeah. Good luck with that. ;)

I did do one of those once. I hated every minute of it. It was Homemade Gourmet, though. Whatever. It's all the same to me. The food was OK, but not great.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +