Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

Thirsty Thursday

Pull up a chair and pop open a Pacifico. It's time for Thirsty Thursday. Join us if you want, invite a friend, and/or come back next week when we'll have a new Special. Today’s theme…Lazy Days of Summer.

Any travel plans this summer?

Kelly: We’re planning a road trip to Pennsylvania. At almost 500 miles it will be the longest we’ve done with the kids.

Melanie: We’re taking the train to a family reunion in Bend, Oregon at a place called Sunriver, which is supposed to be this wonderful place, with golf, rafting, horses, spa, bicycling, hiking…pretty much any recreational activity you want. I’ve never been before but my relatives all have. Also, we’re going on a road trip to a wedding in the Monterey Bay area.

Camps or Classes?

Kelly: Just a short two day, two hour camp for my two kids. Enough for me to be able to get my nails done or more likely, go grocery shopping. I’m taking a tennis class.

Melanie: I thought I wasn’t signing them up for much, but somehow my oldest daughter has 4 summer camps all through July. My middle one has a few weeks scattered here and there as well. But I’ve been given strict instructions to take them to the pool a lot too.

What is your favorite part of summer?

Kelly: Not having to put eleventy million layers on before venturing outdoors. Actually, just being outdoors. I hate the cold and I hate being stuck inside.

Melanie: Long summer days. I was a tiny bit sad to realize that with solstice last night it’s all downhill from here. I really love the extra daylight, which is sort of pitiful since we already have so much anyway in the winter (especially compared to Alaska, where I grew up.)

Comments:
Oooh ooh - where in PA? :)
 
Pittsburgh. That's where I grew up.

--Kelly
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +