Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

A Day Late and a Blog Short


On Sunday I had planned to go to the Barnes and Noble store near me to see Jennifer Lancaster, author of the book Bitter is the New Black and of the popular blog Jennsylvania. Found a great parking space (meaning no more than a four block walk), and no huge crowd to wade through as is frequently the case when an author is in the store. I guess the only bad news was that I was 26 hours too late.

I first became aware of Jen Lancaster when I was behind her in line to have Jennifer Weiner autograph my copies of Little Earthquakes and In Her Shoes. See this blog entry for the full sordid details. I’m not sure why I wanted to go to her book reading so badly. Maybe it was partly in hopes that it would fulfill some sort of Karmic circle with both of us going to Jennifer Weiner’s reading, me going to hers, and then…Jennifer Weiner coming to mine? I also wanted to go because I was curious to see what she would be like in a reading, and because I would want someone who followed my blog to come to my reading, especially if it was five minutes away from their house. In any case, I was sure that it would be funny, provided she’d had enough wine (I even had a bottle of Mike’s Hard Lemonade in my purse to give to her for insurance)

Unfortunately, I had written on my calendar that she would be at the B&N on Sunday at 2, but then on her blog it said 4pm. (It also said Saturday, but I must have missed that part) and then to top it all off when I got to B&N at 3:55 on Sunday, their calendar said she was there at 2pm on Saturday.

Anyway, Jen, if you read this, I hope you do another reading in the North Shore. Maybe at the Book Stall where I first saw you and the other Jennifer. Best of luck to you!

--Kelly

Comments:
that's too bad, but i will confess to snickering out loud AT you. in a good way, of course.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +