Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

Dissed by the Chem-Lawn Man


A few weeks ago a Chem-Lawn lawn man showed up on my doorstep hawking his greener grass wares. I explained to him that I already had an organic company taking care of my fertilizing needs. To which he replied with a smirk and a thumb jerk over his shoulder, “It doesn’t look like they’re doing a very good job.” I thanked him for his opinion and promptly threw away the literature before my husband could see it. The lawn was looking pretty patchy and my husband had been complaining and threatening to call the Chem-Lawn people. I had to take matters into my own (organic) hands. A new obsession was born. A bag of Scott grass seed and three weeks later my lawn is starting to look pretty good. I walk around with my trusty hoe, searching for bare spots, which I scrape away. Then I sprinkle the grass seeds and scrape again to slightly cover the seeds so they don’t get eaten by birds. Sometimes if you want something done right, you just have to do it yourself.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +