Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

My Name is Melanie and I'm a Caffeine Addict

No, I haven’t completely fallen off the wagon, in fact after several weeks of flirting with disaster I’m safely caffeine-free again. It's good to know I’m not alone in my struggles: An article in the Dallas Morning News shows that caffeine is beginning to get the attention it deserves as a genuine vice.

I particularly got a laugh at learning about the “Caffeine Awareness Alliance”, whose mission is to protect “the physical, mental and emotional wellness of the public whose lives have been affected by their misuse or dependency on caffeine”. Sounds serious. Let me think, has my mental wellness been affected by my caffeine addiction? Maybe on a few of those mornings when I had twenty cups of joe and then got the urge to clean out the grooves between our hardwood floorboards with a toothbrush.

Yours, in decaffeinated bliss,
Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +