Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

All This and a Six-Pack of Mustard

Am I the only one who thinks it’s a little weird to see sample coffins at Costco? I’m not sure I’m ready to be struggling with my mortality while trying to pick up laundry detergent.

Not that they actually have the entire coffin for you to look at. It’s just the front right hand corner. They have five or six of them on display. Some have roses, some have crosses, others are masculinely plain. Each one has its own name: The Kentucky Rose (pictured), The Mother, The Ryan, The Josephine…and on and on.

Actually, I’ve heard that the funeral industry can be corrupt, taking advantage of people’s grief to gouge them. Maybe that's an urban myth, or maybe it’s a good thing that it’s easy to get overnight shipping on a Silver Continental for $1349.99 plus tax.

Still, there’s something kind of strange about it. I mean, the girl in line behind me was buying a huge carton of baby formula. Costco’s got us from the cradle to the grave.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +