Friday, May 19, 2006

 

V-E-N-T That Spells Relief


Today I vented to one of my friends about how busy I am and how overwhelmed I’ve been feeling and how I wish I hadn’t taken on this PTA nutrition thing, etc. And you know what? It made both of us feel better. She got to hear that other people have the same feelings of stress and anxiety, and I got to unload myself (and save $100 on a therapist). This is part of what Melanie and I wanted to accomplish with our book and this blog. Be honest with other moms about what your life is really like and it helps to lower the bar for everyone and gives a much more realistic picture of what can be accomplished. I’m glad I was reminded of that today.

--Kelly

Comments:
Thanx, I needed that. I too am feeling VERY overwhelmed lately, and am trying to take a deep breath and do one thing at a time.
 
Everyone needs a good vent and I must say I am more relieved when others in the same situation as myself do so, rather than the ones who paint a very rosy picture that you know is a falsity. That makes me stressed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +