Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Thirsty Thursday


Pull up a chair and pop open a Pacifico. It's time for Thirsty Thursday. Join us if you want, invite a friend, and/or come back next week when we'll have a new Special. Today’s theme…in honor of Kelly’s big day…Birthdays

Worst thing to happen on your birthday?

Melanie: Ummm…getting one year older? I can’t really remember any major birthday mishaps, but that doesn’t mean much, since I have a terrible memory anyway. I could have had some awful experience but just blocked it out. Sorry, folks.

Kelly: Having my appendix taken our when I was 11.

Have you ever been thrown a surprise party? Were you surprised?

Melanie: Okay, this I do remember. It was my sixteenth birthday, and it was at my best friend’s house. And, yes, I was really surprised. Mostly I remember feeling flattered that everyone would go to so much trouble. That was one time in high school that I definitely felt cool.

Kelly: My husband has surprised me twice. Once when I was pregnant with our first child and I was 100% completely surprised. And then again, last night.

Best present ever?

Melanie: Last year, my friend Katharine and her husband came up from Pasadena over my birthday weekend and brought my favorite cake, which is the Swedish Princess cake (complete with green marzipan all over the top). We all had dinner, and Katharine cooked for a bunch of our friends. I definitely felt like my birthday was a big deal that year, and that was the best present I can remember. The cake was really good, too!

Kelly: My husband surprised me the morning of my birthday with 35 foot high dinosaurs assembled on our front lawn.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +