Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 

Love Sucks

As for me, I didn't want to break up. It just happened.

Like all passionate love affairs, ours began with a bang. It started on Christmas Day 2004. My husband introduced us. At first, we were inseparable. I could hardly stand to be apart for even an hour. Gradually, as the newness of our relationship wore off, we settled into a routine, stealing a few moments in my car on the commute to the kids’ schools every day and going running together a couple of times a week. We even used to cook dinner together every night before my husband got home. And the parties…ah, the parties. Then, this past week, something happened. I had to send my beloved away.

Oh, sure they’ll replace my iPod mini with a refurbished unit, but things just won’t be the same. I’ll have to reload all my music for starters. And that’s if I can make it through the next week or so without my little green friend. I really had no idea how close we were until this happened. As Taj says, you don’t miss your water ‘til your well runs dry.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +