Monday, December 26, 2005

 

Ho Ho, the Joke's on You, Santa


This year Santa brought my oldest daughter, Anna, a Tamagotchi. For those without school-age children, the Tamagotchi is a silver dollar sized electronic pet on a keychain. It beeps at you and you are supposed to use various icons on the miniature, ill-lit screen to satisfy the little beast. If you do well, it matures into an adult and can even produce offspring, providing multi-generational Tamagotchi family trees to torment parents everywhere.

Before I continue, let me remind you that I have a Ph.D. from UCLA in a hard science. Also, can I just mention that I personally set up my Unix computer and home network. When Kelly and I were doing line edits, I installed a complicated screen sharing program involving opening ports in my router. I am not technologically challenged. I’m not, I’m not, I’m not!

Alas, I could not figure out the Tamagotchi. It now resides on top of the fridge, where it is still bleating plaintively every fifteen minutes or so. I expect that by tomorrow it will be “dead”. Merrrrrrrry Christmas!

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +