Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

Supergigantor

I’ve been amused by the latest SUV model name I’ve noticed on the freeways: the Nissan Armada. It’s hard to believe they were really serious when they came up with that. I can just picture the boardroom discussion:

“And now marketing is here to help us brainstorm names. Marty, step on up here.”

“Hi Everyone. Listen, the whole adventure/exploration theme has been so overdone…I mean, after the Explorer, the Navigator and the Pathfinder, there’s not much more we can contribute. So for this year’s models, we’re going with the theme of Big. Not just ordinary big, but Gargantuan. Anyone have any ideas? Yes, Joe.”

“Um…the Leviathan?”

“Good, I like it. Anyone else?”

“The Titanic?”

“Great, great. Is that trademarked? I think we’re really on a roll here.”

I swear, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw one of those names on a bumper soon.

--Melanie

P.S. This just in. Nissan really does have a model called the Titan.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +