Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Sonoma Diet Day 2


The holidays have caught up to me and I’m packing around about an extra six pounds or so. I’ve been pretty lucky all my life with a high metabolism and the only times I’ve needed to lose weight were after my first semester of college (skipping the late night pizza feedings did that trick) and after my two children were born (late night nursing feedings did that trick). But my favorite pair of jeans isn’t fitting, so I thought what the hell. I picked the Sonoma Diet because it is NOT a low carb diet. There is no way I could do that, and also because I miss California and I’m sucker for advertising.

So how is it going? Well, for the first ten days you aren’t allowed to have any sugar, not even fruit. I think yesterday I went through a major sugar withdrawal. I was exhausted, I took a nap on the couch and at the end of the night Barry ate a nice, juicy, ripe pear. He hasn’t had such a passionate kiss from me since we were dating.

The good news: The scale says I’m down two pounds. Maybe it’s a mistake, or water weight, or whatever, but I’m taking it!

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +