Friday, March 03, 2006

 

I’m ba-ack


Thanks to Melanie for picking up slack for me. This week has been insane! It was both my husband’s birthday (on Tuesday) and my son’s (today). Being the last minute kind of gal I am, I had nothing prepared for either, so have spent the whole week scrambling for presents, cake, and general merriment making things.

Barry wanted a reprise of the fabulous Benihana style dinner we had with Melanie and her family in Palm Springs, so I made him steak, scallops, and fried rice and tried my best to put on a show. I drew the line at tossing an egg into my hat though. Mostly because I don’t wear a hat.

My son, on the other hand, is a bit easier and wants to have dinner at Johnny Rockets, one of those pseudo-style fifties diners that you know I love. NOT! At least I don’t have to cook and after today it will all be over.

Or will it? I still have his birthday party for 10 boys to contend with. I’ve been trying to follow the pledge Melanie and I made (I’m having it at home) but my son said that if I didn’t give out goodie bags he would be the laughingstock of Kindergarten. At least they are small, just a strip of stickers and a pencil.

Is it April yet?

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +