Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Social Butterfly

I don’t know what happened this weekend, but this little caterpillar turned into a social butterfly. We had an incredibly busy few days, starting with a slumber party with my oldest daughter’s friend on Friday night. On Saturday, I went to a silent auction for a local preschool with another friend which was a blast. I ended up “winning” a massage, a private Pilates lesson (it’s oh-so-Nikki from our book), a web design session and a meal at our favorite Italian restaurant which has been open continuously since the twenties. Oh, and I got a gorgeous bouquet of Gerber daisies on my way out.

Then that night, we hosted our neighbor for a glass of wine, then segued into a full party with Chinese takeout and six friends. Sunday was a little calmer, but my husband still managed to rent an SUV and go with a friend and all the kids to the mountains nearby to see some very unusual Southern California snow. All that and the grocery shopping, housecleaning, exercise, laundry, Sunday School and bill paying got done too, phew. I need a weekend to recuperate from my weekend.

--Melanie

Comments:
Holy cow, girl! I might get that much socialization in a year. ;) Good for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +