Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Oscar Loser

I was so excited to watch the Oscars last night. I had spent the whole weekend working and was in the mood to veg out and relax. I popped my popcorn, found the remote, curled up on the couch with my husband and turned on the TV…just in time to see Jon Stewart bidding everyone farewell.

I’m not a big TV watcher, and I assumed it would start around eight o’clock. Isn’t that prime time? Of course, later I realized that they probably have to show it earlier for the east coast.

I guess I’ll have to wait until next year.

--Melanie

Comments:
I missed the red carpet action, so I'm in no position to comment on the dresses. I can never just sit and watch the Oscars, mainly because about 10 minutes in, without fail, I think "Hmmm...no oomph again this year." Last night I watched it doing the ironing and working out on the exercise bike. I can't think of anything spectactular that you missed - unless I missed it, of course.
 
You missed nothing. It was boring. Wait, I enjoyed a few frivelous looks at George, but that was it.

how was the popcorn?
 
Artful, that makes me feel better. Still, the set looked pretty fabulous and I wouldn't have minded seeing the rappers win.

Nancy, funny you should ask. Somehow even though there was nothing on to watch except the commercials between the after-party coverage, I did manage to eat almost the whole bowl of Orville Redenbacher. Singlehandedly, I might add.
--Mel
 
we had a good time with our little Oscar Party. The only movie I have even seen was "Crash". better luck next year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +