Saturday, March 04, 2006

 

At Least I'm Not an "OM-Maker"


For those tired of the Soccer Mom jokes, there’s a new stereotype just waiting for Leno and Letterman. Faster than a speeding Prius, able to leap tall, non-GMO corn in a single bound, it’s Yoga Mama!

Despite her front page appearance in The Chicago Tribune’s Sunday Q section, Yoga Mama doesn’t seem to have the popularity that Soccer Mom enjoys. Google has a paltry 46 thousand hits for Yoga Mama vs. nearly 1.7 million for good old Soccer Mom.

As for me, I take yoga but also my son does soccer. What does that make me? Socga Moma? Or maybe Yoger Mam. In all seriousness though, why do we need labels anyway? Can’t we just be mothers? Or, better yet, women.

--Kelly

P.S.: My husband says I'm just mad because I'm fitting the sterotype, after all, the Tribune listed one of the attributes of Yoga Mama as having her own blog!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +