Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Falling Off the Wagon

I have been blissfully caffeine free for something like three or four weeks now, and I’ve never felt better. However, recently I’m worried because there has been a disturbing trend. It started earlier this week when I added a homeopathic dose of caffeinated coffee to my cup of decaf at the coffee shop. Today, the dose was more like a third of a cup.

In my defense, I must say things have been busy around here. There are the aforementioned revisions to our book. Not to mention the total bathroom overhaul (not that I’m doing the work; just acting more or less as the general contractor—hopefully competently; we'll see whether the plumbing meshes with the clawfoot tub at the end). Also, I had a major deadline for some other work I’ve been doing (the kind I get paid for).

It hasn’t gotten so bad that I’m hiding my caffeinated joe at the bottom of the laundry basket or lying to my spouse about my drinking habit, but I’m worried. Thankfully, Kelly has offered to do an intervention if needed.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +