Monday, April 24, 2006

 

A Jane Moment

We went to a silent auction fundraiser on Saturday night for my daughter’s school, and I made a boo boo. There was a silent auction item where you sign up to go to a poker night at someone’s house. Now, if you’ve been reading this blog, you know that Kelly and I both like to play poker, and do it fairly often. So, of course my husband and I both signed up at the top of the list. Nowhere did it say men's poker night, yadda yadda. Obviously, I assumed it was co-ed.

Lo and behold at end of night I'm the only woman on the list, and someone tells me they plan to have cigars, masseuses etc!!! I felt like such an idiot. Actually, I felt like the character Jane, from our novel.

Naturally, I removed my name. But it was so odd to me that everyone was supposed to assume it was a men's hoo hah just because it was called Poker Night. I mean, poker is hot. It’s gone way beyond the stodgy old boy’s night out. Haven’t they ever heard of Annie Duke? Even celebrity poker has female players.

--Mel

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +