Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Birthday Bonanza


In the annals of best birthday’s 16, 21, 26 (when I got engaged), 35 has rocketed its way up there. I awoke to 35 miniature Tyrannosaurus Rexes on my front lawn with a sign proclaiming my birthday to all who ventured into our cul-de-sac. Then, taking a page from friend X’s book I told the kids to find something to do while I read Wicked all morning (Much better than the musical). My husband came home early from work and I got to open presents (which got returned later that day in exchange for something I picked out on my own that came in a fetching blue box!). We then all went to dinner at La Bella Winnetka a fantastic Italian place with beautiful al fresco dining and the best Linguini and Clam Sauce I’ve ever had. Then home to a cake and bed for the kids, or so I thought until I opened the door. “Surprise!” All of my dear friends were there (except Jenny who was on vacation :-( ) with a delicious organic cake from Sweet Dreams Bakery and presents! My husband and friends put together a fantastic birthday party for me and best of all I didn’t have to do any of the work. It was such a great day it almost makes me look forward to turning 40!

--Kelly

Comments:
Happy Birthday! I'll be 40 in a couple of months, I may just have the hubs read this post. You know, just in case...
 
We want to see the T-Rex pic!
 
Thanks Nancy. Definitely have your husband read the post. Email it to him with a big Hint Hint!

Chilihead, Go to the Thirst Thursday post, there's a picture of dinosaurs there.

--Kelly
 
Belated birthday wishes, Kelly! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +