Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Cookin' With Mel


It used to be my little Thanksgiving secret, but now that I've told it to just about everyone I know, I might as well post it here, too.

It's my recipe for foolproof gravy, first shared with me by my former college roommate. I think I swore I would never divulge the secret. Um, sorry, Jools.

Here, forthwith, without further delay: the recipe.

1. Take one can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup, you know, the one that you've always wondered what it's for? Yeah, that one.

2. Make sure kitchen doors are locked and no one is looking. Open the can furtively, hunched over it. Actually, that last part is optional. It's just something special that I like to do.

3. Dump soup into saucepan. Dispose of can immediately.

4. Add some drippings from the turkey to saucepan and stir, just to make you look like you're cooking in case anyone comes in. Stir some more and heat thoroughly.

5. Take another good ten minutes or so just to make sure everyone knows how hard you're working on the damn gravy.

6. Pour into gravy boat and serve, graciously accepting compliments that will surely come your way.

Mmm, nothing says lovin' like some home cooking. Seriously, this is the best gravy you will ever taste, or I will eat my hat.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +