Monday, November 20, 2006

 

What's Good for Rachael Ray...

...is apparently good for anyone under the age of ten as well.

Back in my day a play kitchen--any old play kitchen--was something special. I envied the lucky kids whose parents had shelled out for the pretend stove or sink. Personally, I had to make do with the equipment at preschool.

Flash forward to the new millenium and now kids can not only have a play kitchen in their bedroom, but also satisfy their hankering for a particular type of play kitchen--specifically a high-end gourmet style kitchen. Yes, Pottery Barn has introduced the Pro-Chef play kitchen. Why be satisfied with run of the mill wood-grain or plastic versions of miniature appliances when you can have the look of stainless steel and polished chrome?

I've got to believe that this is targeted to parents' unbridled upwardly mobile ambitions. If it does reflect what kids are demanding, something's gone horribly wrong. I'm picturing little Ashley (right) stamping her foot on the ground. "Mummy, I simply must have the stainless steel. I must."

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +