Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

This Year It's All About the Flip Flop

No, I'm not talking about Congress. I'm talking about these:

They're mats made out of recycled flip flop material. I first noticed them in one of the catalogs that flood my house at this time of year. I would like to think that I can vie with Michelle Slatalla (writer of the NY Times' Online Shopper column), and the result of never shopping in person is that I'm on a lot of mailing lists. In fact, Michelle, if you ever want to take a vacation or retire or whatever, give me a call. We'll tawlk.

Anyway, so flip-flop mats. The first time I saw them, I thought. How clever. How...colorful. How unique. And what a good cause: they are recycled from the scraps produced in the factories, and not, as I first feared, from actual used flip-flops.

Well, after my fourth, fifth or sixth viewing, all I feel is that I can't get away from them.
Their marketing team must be incredible. The flip flop mat is everywhere.

And then today--gah! The New York Times featured flip-flop storage bins, available from vivaterra.com.



What's next? Flip flop jewelry?

You know what's coming next:


Yeah, baby. It's the flip-flop bracelet. I found it at this site, which also features flip flop magnets, keychains and mobiles for kids.

Seriously, Michelle, let's talk.

--Melanie


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +