Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Am I Becoming One of the Pod People?

At first I couldn't even remember what her art piece was. But that didn't matter, because it had won and I was getting the big phone call and my motherly heart was swelling with pride. Is that a bad thing?

Right. So, my second daughter won an art contest at school--her drawing won the PTA Reflections competition among all third graders in the local PTA district--that's eleven schools, count 'em: eleven, baby!

Oh, excuse me, I was just having another moment.

Now. If you've read us for long, you know that we're all about feeling the love and non-competitive parenting. And yadda yadda yawn. MY KID WON! Hand over the bumper sticker, man!

No, but seriously, I'm not really going over the deep end. I think the thing is: it made me feel like maybe, just maybe, I was doing something right. The whole experience kind of counteracted the CCD class last Sunday where I wanted to crawl through the floor when she wouldn't listen to either me or the teacher. I guess these things have a way of evening themselves out so we don't just give up.

Anyway, now we get to go to a reception in February and find out if her piece goes on to the state level. Not that I care or anything. I'm just saying.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +