Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

No More Wire Hangers

I'm sorry, am I missing something? Suddenly hangers are an entire marketing niche unto themselves. It started with this catalog (left,) which arrived a couple of days ago. Yes, that's right, it's an entire catalog devoted to hangers. The world has gone mad. Only in America.

Then, yesterday, I was flipping through a magazine, and gah! it was hangers all over again (below, right.) What the? Why exactly do I need Huggable Hangers that turn my closet into a work of art (I'm not making it up, that's really what the fine print says.)

Can somebody help me here? Should I feel a burning need to upgrade my hanger wardrobe?

Actually, deep down, I have a suspicion that this has something to do with the 2.5 billion dollar garage organizing industry. Somebody saw a market gap and decided to convince us all that America's closets are shrieking out for designer hangers.

--Melanie

Comments:
i feel SO out of the loop. =) do they come in colors to match everything in my wardrobe?
 
Man, for those prices I think I'd make them part of my wardrobe. Forget hanging them in the closet. I'd want to show off my supercool hangers to my peeps.
--Mel
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +