Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

A New Meaning to Taco Hell


I finally let my kids talk me into taking them to Taco Bell. Ever since my Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser inspired epiphany I have avoided fast food chains like the plague. Still there have been a couple of slips, playdates, and other unavoidable circumstances so my kids had not totally been without knowledge of Happy Meal. Taco Bell, however, was the missing link for them. And truthfully, I was little curious if I would like it too since 7 Layer Burritos were my college mainstay. So I loaded them up for breakfast with an organic veggie omelette made with rGBH free milk and cage free eggs, and for lunch we headed for the border.

All was going well until I was waiting for our order number to be called and I started having a panic attack about the thought of my kids getting food poisoning. It would be just my luck. My husband's text message requesting an E-coli taco did nothing to help.

In the end it didn't matter anyway. My daughter got only a bean burrito which she ate about a quarter of before diving into her cinnamon crisps. My son barely tasted his soft taco because there was lettuce on it, so I let him toss it and go straight to his cinnamon crisps as well. I always knew lettuce was good for you, but I didn't realize all of the uses it really had!

As for the image above, that is an actual dog that is the all time winner of the ugliest dog contest. For some reason the image came to mind when I was thinking of hell.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +