Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Play Those Funky New Year's Resolutions

J'adore New Years Resolutions. So much so that I woke up yesterday and immediately bled about fifteen of them all over the page. Over the rest of the day, I added several more. My theory is that a successful New Years resolution is sufficiently vague and non-time specific that it's ultimately achievable in a 365 day time frame. Usually, they're something that's been percolating in my mind for a while already. Maybe they should be called New Year's Inspirations. Here are mine:

1. Put spending on a diet
2. Run at least one 10K race
3. Early to bed and early to rise
4. Write more freely
5. Start a new novel
6. Send recently finished one into the world
7. Write a nonfiction article and submit it for publication: either online or in print
8. Attend writer’s conference and read work there
9. Help Nathalie (a friend) with promoting her book
10. Pursue something new in addition to writing-another project
11. Update websites
12. Keep on bloggin'
13. Say No more often
14. Dump the iPaq. Get a new cell!
15. Be more confident with my positions on things
16. Books Out = Books In (we are running out of shelf space)
17. Do less housework, more "real" work
18. Stop taking responsibility for other peoples’ experiences—ITJTSU!!! It’s their job to speak up

--Melanie

Comments:
Wow - extensive list! Good luck. I make the early to bed, early to rise one too and it usually falls over somewhere around 2nd Jan.
 
Yep, I can't help myself. I find it strangely energizing to make these lists, but I seem to be in the minority.
--Mel
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +