Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

A Quick Update While Everyone is Asleep


We had a very nice Christmas day. The kids opened their presents in record time. I miss the days of yore when they would get distracted by every toy and want to open and play with it that second making the present opening phase last until dinner. This year we celebrated Hanukkah also and I like the way we open only one gift a night. It makes the kids pay attention and appreciate what they receive. Now if I could only find a way to make my family eat the holiday meal a little slower I'd be set. It seems nuts to spend all night and day cooking only to have everything gobbled up quicker than you can say halupki.

The next day we loaded up the family including Uncle Macko and Aunt Leigh and went to the Shedd Aquarium. It was a whale of a good time especially seeing the new baby beluga, which are, despite Raffi, a dark grey. They don't turn white until they reach adulthood.

The next day hubby took off early and my brother, sister-in-law and I took to what is becoming an annual pilgrimage - The Museum of Contemporary Art. This main exhibit was interesting about the future of design and sustainability, but it was a lot of reading and I wanted some eye candy and unfortunately a Richard Tuttle retrospective on the next floor didn't really cut it. He is described as a postminimalist and that doesn't even begin to describe pieces of wire shaped along a white wall with silver brads. I liked some of his larger sculptures with lightbulbs and my sister-in-law enjoyed his aquatint prints, but overall I think we were all a little underwhelmed. And if there are any Tuttle fans reading this, I would LOVE for you to tell me why you like his work, I am genuinely interested.

We still have our big New Year Day party ahead of us and then will come the clean up and back to normalcy. I'm looking forward to it as my big New Year's Resolution is to simplify and to be more organized.

Happy New Year!

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +