Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 

$#@&*!@#% United States Postal Service

To the sons of dogs who decided to continue selling last year's 37 cent holiday stamps on the USPS website: I'm not happy.

Yes, I know you put a little blurb under the item that said 0.02 cents additional postage required. But I DIDN'T SEE IT. Either that, or you added it later, after thousands of outraged customers threatened to revolt.

The first whiff of trouble that I had was when I bellied up to the postal counter this morning WITH MY 526 CHRISTMAS CARDS. It took us weeks to get them ready. My lips are cracked and bleeding from licking envelopes (Okay, that part's not actually true.)

The point is, I have to spend another night in front of the TV putting a 2 cent stamp on every envelope. I won't even mention how it's going to ruin the asthetics of my cute little christmas cookie stamp to put a big, honking ugly black stamp next to it. That would be petty in a world where people struggle with serious misfortune.

But couldn't you people at the USPS please, please STOP SELLING STAMPS THAT ARE OUTDATED? If you are going to raise the rates, fine. Just don't pawn off your overstock on poor, unsuspecting people like me, who are too stupid busy to read the fine print.

Yours sincerely,
Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +