Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Nuts


First of all, let me say I'm with Kelly on the whole Freudian slips thing. It was NOT the Seasick Grill that I passed this morning on the way to drop off my car at the shop. It was the Seaside Grill. It also reminds me of this hotel in Pismo Beach that we always pass on the 101--the Inhalers Inn. It always sounded like such a fun, carefree place, in a Bill Clinton Would Not Stay Here kind of way, until I realized it was actually the Whaler's Inn.

But getting back to nuts. They were a wonder food for about three weeks: a form of protein all my kids liked. I was seriously thinking about writing the American Nut Board a fan letter.

Now. Picture an entire bag of sunflower seeds spilled all over the inside of my car while I was picking up my oldest daughter from her piano lesson this afternoon. Picture it a thousand times worse than what you just pictured. It was a really big bag. When I go berserk for something I tend to buy large.

Could you hear my shriek all the way in Chicago? There were so many seeds all over the gear shifter that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to drive home. I actually asked my daughter's piano teacher if I could borrow her dustbuster. Never an easy thing to say with a straight face. Alas, she had none, so I had to grind all the greasy little kernels into my transmission or whatever is under there in order to drive home.

Yeah. It was that kind of day.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +