Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

I Think I'm Cracking Up

These past couple of weeks I've had these weird Freudian slips of the mind. The first came when I got an invitation to what I thought was "Cocktails and Holiday Cheer". Fun I thought, let me line up a babysitter and dust off my little black dress. Luckily I noticed that it said "Cookies and Holiday Cheer" before I shelled out the bucks for dry cleaning. Then the other night, I realized that I hadn't called my dad to wish him a happy birthday. It was 10pm my time so I thought I would be safe calling him with the time change. Because I guess I really wanted to have not forgotten, I did the math in my head backwards, subtracting an hour to 9pm, rather than adding an hour to 11pm. I was really baffled for two days as to why I'd be waking him up at that early hour until I finally straightened things out with him last night.

I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds before the end of year eating extravaganza, so I better make sure that I don't misread those cookies as 15 calories for two when it is really 150!

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +