Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

My Favorite Live Band

I know I've blogged about My Morning Jacket before (and I'm too lazy to sort through the 430 posts to find it and put a link like I probably should, but I'm just happy that I'm writing a blog so please give me a break! :-) ), but they are really the best live band I've ever seen.

On Friday after Thanksgiving (which I cooked complete with a 15 pound turkey, 14 guests, and gravy that I spent way too long cooking - why didn't I follow Mel's advice!) my husband and I saw our third MMJ concert. Each time they get better and better.

A local band, Catfish Haven, was the first opener. They were an excellent band and I plan on trying to catch them again. Check out their myspace page to hear one of their songs. The Slip was the next act. The lead singer was nice to look at, but they just didn't have the energy of Catfish Haven and were certainly no match for MMJ who finally came on next.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better they brought out the Chicago Youth Symphony to back them up for their encore and the guys in the band came out in tuxedos and played three more songs. Just an amazing night. I highly recommend seeing them live if they come to a city within 100 miles of you.

--Kelly

Comments:
Since moving overseas I have found that the email sign-off conventions in USA are not universal. It makes me wonder how recipients liked my ubiquitous "thanks" as a sign off when I lived in USA. It would be considered most peculiar here, in New Zealand, where the usual sign off is "kind regards" which would be very formal in USA. Sometimes "best regards" is used and I haven't yet figured out the distinction. "Cheers" is good for people one knows well...this might also work in USA.
 
my husband LOVES my morning jacket AND catfish haven. he saw them for the first time at lollapolooza downtown this summer.

where did they just play?
 
Hi Amy!

They were at the Riveria. It was my first time there. What a really cool venue. I think Catfish Haven is playing on New Year's Eve, but I don't think we'll be able to get a sitter for that night! I definitely want to see them again though.

--Kelly
 
we've been to the riv before...it is a cool venue. we're going to be at the metro on new years eve for two of MY favorite bands! =)
 
don't keep me in suspense (or make me look it up!) Who are the two of your favorite bands?
 
alkaline trio and the smoking popes.
i'm a little punk girl. =)
well, not really "little" anymore.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +