Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 
It's official. Holiday-itis has set in, despite my best efforts. To think that this weekend I was congratulating myself on how well-prepared I was, how relaxed I felt.

What a difference a couple of days makes at this time of year.

On Monday night, I was up until midnight baking pieces for not one, but two, homemade gingerbread houses (one for us and one for a friend.) It all sounded so sensible when I invited their family over for a fun holiday craft. Apparently the gingerbread mold/housing tract approach does not solve all problems. I forgot how long those things take to bake. Plus there was breakage. Am hoping Royal Cement Icing will solve fracture issues on right panel of gingerbread chalet.

Then, yesterday, I awoke in a panic, realizing I'd never gotten my grandmother a gift after the rest of my family nixed my group gift idea a couple of weeks ago.

It was thus that seven A.M. found me at my computer, frantically ordering a Harry and David gift tower that she probably won't even eat. It's the thought that counts, right? Right?

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +