Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Thirsty Thursday - Egg Nog Remix

Okay, okay, we know it's been a while - but here is a special Holiday Edition of Thirsty Thursday.

Our theme is Holiday Cards.

When you get a holiday card from someone who is not on your list do you send one in return?

Kelly: Yes. I always save a few for just this potentially embarrassing situation. One caveat: If said card arrives far too late and it would seem obvious to the person that you only sent a card in response to their card, then I just add their address to my book and then they get one the following year.

Melanie: Yes, definitely. Frankly, I always have a sneaking suspicion that the only cards that we receive are of this variety. Sniff. Sniffle. I just wanna be on someone's list instead of getting the sympathy votes this year.

Do you have any people with whom holiday cards are your sole means of communication?

Kelly: Yes. In fact, I was trying to cull the number of people that fall into this category, but then I received cards from them and according to my rule above, I had to send cards to them.

Melanie: Me too. Actually, I kind of like it. It's my big chance to correspond with my old undergrad thesis advisor or that gal I worked with back in Philly.

Do you send or receive more cards?

Kelly: Definitely and Depressingly - Send.

Melanie: Send. Sniffle some more, feel sorry for self. P.S. For the record, the 526 cards mentioned in my post from a couple of days ago are NOT all personal. I'm not that pathetic. Most are for my husband's work.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +